Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dyslexia,julia roberts & blood on the knife (Cluster-1

I am a slow starter, if tare zameen par was produced when I was at my primary school then I would have been suspected to be having dyslexia,, well but the funny part is I never flunked .I have been riding bike and occasionally cars all through but never had a license, this time I wanted to make a 50 % try on that, well I did get it.


The roads have changed ,streets have changed but the ppl of ngl still the same ,with the same warmth and pleasantness ,those faces I have forgotten smiled at me they enquired about me and my siblings .I started walking ,I love to walk around ngl but my old buddies ,ya the same old auto wallas were influencing me to sit behind them. Went to check the rooms at Harris nadar ,notin to check cuz we were regular customer there and the reception guy knew me well cuz long back during a winter we ,gang of outlaws , booked 3 rooms with a a few cartons of the booze made a scene out there. Got my sim card as promised by sanjay,his mom Gladys aunty dropped in to hand it over me,Sithiz angels kept on ringing me ,i just wished if I had a few wings to fly off to the angels but then I did not even have a cycle huh .Cake world; got a pair of packed sweets ,went to Jamila Mamis house ,these are relations even though we are not related ,relations that stood through all the realities ,when the real relations where no where to be seen ,through thick and thin. My sisters ,yup my own sisters Shabna and Shabaz ,these two were once the reason for all our smiles and here I am to meet them.Shabna’s maturity was clear in her face but she’s getting shorter ,she’s in her second year engineering GOSH! I was getting old, I thought.Shabaz hit the ceiling shez in her first year I just can’t believe it, shez the same Julia Roberts as we used to call her. And as a custom I had my lunch over there, I wud have used their dining table more than one at my home. Off I went to sithiz .Felt good, felt wanted, felt fantabulous .Yeah I am counting the fantabulous .Cant say no to cherry can I? Stayed, Gazing stars and describing what ever I know about the Milky Way and gaining what ever she knows. Jazz still rolling her eyes, Woman look the most beautiful during pregnancy, I read this some where and saw the beauty, and her face was blooming. Zulu was behind me asking me how I knew that she bunked class and was at her some room at college with her friends ,poor gal she doesn’t know that am good at guesses what do you get from an ex engg student .well the best part was my drama with Nina .Emotional, holy cow .I just let my self free and asked her about her new nokia handset and she exhibited it to me and me as a matter of fact asked her “y do you need this when you already have another ,you aint going out y don’t you give this to Zulu?”
Off she went, I not even in my wildest dream thought she wud cry like a kid but she did, and it took me more than 3 hours and 2 top up cards for her mobile to pacify her, shez still the same.

Home again ,mom and dad packing to go off to ancestral home ,I let them go and later I took a bus to their destination hmm let me name the place ,its EPK ,from here on I shall use EPK .Changes ,nothing physical but I knew mentally things would have changed .The camps of MA’s family might have gone through some changes .Salaam Manzil ,dads home same as ever ,not much of a memory ,deaths and quarrels is all I remember ,they have known me but I haven’t known any one until a few years back. All I remember about this house is that my aunt (fathers brothers wife) who would prepare that tasty fish curry and lemon pickle and then after that my memory takes a long interval to the body of my brother Sheriff, stiff and motionless, all my aunts and others crying and I cud not stand the tears and wild cries, again I am blank then again my monthly visit to hand over some money to my uncle, sheriff bhais father .each month until he too was no more.

Funny moments too,,,,like when two of my fathers brothers had a fight and the elder one took hold of a big coconut slicing knife and chased his younger brother round the house all the while screaming “I will finish you off” ,my mom and sister were pleading to stop the madness .they both kept on rounding the house and after 5-6 rounds they did not show up and we thought that it was all over and moved to the entrance of the house composing ourselves to witness a cold blooded murder ,alas we saw both the brothers sharing a vessel full of water and in between arguing why the tree was cut off (the reason behind the fight) , felt like chopping both their heads.

No comments: