Friday, August 8, 2008

my sister? home options Cluster 3

I did read my own blog and I was not a bit shocked to gather the debris of spelling mistakes but for some reason I did not want to correct it .

So the love pathos state of mind did not stay for long cuz I was rediscovering myself .my daily routine was something new. the first day of my stay in EPK was a bit uncomfy .night I had to go stay at my elder cousins home .I slept on the hall with all windows open to get some air, by night my aunt made sure that the bad spirits did not enter the room via the window to attack me, she closed the windows. I was doomed. so by next night I was sharing the bed with Farzin the rock & roll fan .So the feel was slowly creeping in ,waking up @ fathy brushing ,tea then went to wish my mom a good morn and again a tea ,bath @ fathys ,dress washed and pressed ready to get it ,well the feel was creeping in ,,,,FANTABULOUS ! , Farzu had her Sunday computer classes well I made sure she did not have any of those until my journey back. Black tea ginger flavored farzu special, she quite sacrificing’ ly gave me the magic portion of her wonder tea. The angels landed @epk so once again Fantabulous; farhan hit epk from Chennai all for the marriage. Angels quite jealous over the fact that farzu got closer with me, quite natural.

Once long back when was quite away from the relations, I happened to buy a chicken from a shop near our ngl home and the butcher boy all of a sudden pointed his fingers on to the road and was talking with me “look is that your sisters and kids", I was like who me? Ru talking to me? My sisters in Abu Dhabi, no man Ur uncles daughter look, I just had a glance and faced him said no man I don’t know them. He was like, well heres Ur chicken. And years after I was at the same sister’s house crowded waiting for the coffin carrying her husband’s body …..there I met Jessina and Sana …I scribbled wat I saw….like this…

THE INEVITABLE
saw her face,
those restless eyes
Busy hands on a piece of paper
trying to draw a senseless piece of art
but it meant a lot to her
a daughter’s depiction of her father
a father gone far away promising her a doll
now he is back, promise broken but why?
She did not knowa day she will never forgot
or is it that,will never fade from her thought’s
she saw her weeping motherand wished never seeing that again
people poured in from all cornersto their small house,
distant relativesdistant by relation and communication
she smiled at them but no courtesy was shown
she saw her ever complaining grandmother besides her sister,
a rare sight the usual evening after school was missing
she saw her sister being kissed by her grandmother
everything was new to her that day
no one asked her to do her homework
she felt sad for her mother
assuming that she hurt herselfyoung and ignorant,
my heart bled for her
she did not know the darkness that lay ahead
she did not know the reality that would bite one day
she did not know the depth of her lossthe table,
her play centre was occupied
by a long box under a dying 40 watt bulb
people peeping in to it ,
what are they searching?
She questioned herself,
one day she will get an answer
she was in her usual mood
she did not know that every one pitied her
everyone saw her with sympathetic eyes
she did not know that every one knew something,
about her that she did not know
where will she be in a few years?
What will she be when she grows up?
Who will make her feel protected?
Who will she look up to when she is in a crisis?
Will all these be unanswered question?
For me it was becoming more unbearable
to see her ignorance
to see her when she will long for the lost love
the day will come not far away
the pain of knowing that
there is no one to lead her no one to cuddle her.
Death is inevitable but then,
a father for a daughter is more than inevitable...


After the burial I saw him again, the butcher boy and he said “now you know your sister don’t you?”

Mirror again, and the guy on the mirror is asking me awkward questions.
“so dude u did not know them?...well I knew them but cant recollect the past, had heard about Zhaira akka but,,,, but I was late,, so late or else I could have seen the happy side of her, the he mirror said” pathetic man what kind of a family is this?” yes pathetic, u and me r pathetic …he said yes sorry dude …..


Happy, yes this time around I saw a happy Zairah akka, quite a treat to be with her doing those butcher English of hers, FANTABULOUSSSSSSSS…….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well well well......